Our Herbed Buttermilk Ranch Dressing will leave you craving its crazy good flavor! Simple to make with deep complex flavors ideal for salads, wings, pizza and any flavor combo you dream up!
This is a restaurant style Ranch Dressing, thinner than what you find on shelves in the market. Popularized by Clorox, when they made their Hidden Valley brand shelf stable for 150 days! In our opinion, it’s worth spending 10 minutes in the kitchen so you know what you’re feeding your family! Plus the fresh flavor puts it heads and tails above the gloopy alternative hanging out on a shelf for months.
If you want a thicker consistency for dipping fresh vegetables you can achieve it by reducing the amount of buttermilk to 1/2 cup (120 ml). Please don’t use buttermilk powder or buttermilk substitute for this recipe, use real buttermilk, if you don’t have any on hand you can make a cup fast!
- 1 cup (240 ml) milk
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) fresh lemon juice or distilled white vinegar
- Pour the lemon juice or vinegar into a measuring cup. Then, pour in the milk until it reaches the 1 cup (240 ml) line.
- Stir the mixture well, set aside for 10 minutes before using in your recipe.
Chef's Flavor Tips:
Avocado Ranch: Prepare Herbed Buttermilk Ranch Dressing as shown, add 1 ripe mashed avocado, 2 Tablespoons minced jalapeño pepper, 1 Tablespoon Frank’s hot sauce, 4 teaspoons fresh lime juice; and mix.
Blue Cheese Ranch: Prepare Herbed Buttermilk Ranch Dressing as shown, add 2 ounces mashed blue cheese, 2 ounces crumbled blue cheese, and 1/8 teaspoon sugar; and mix.
Please Pin our Recipe to Share with Friends!👇🏼
How to make Herbed Buttermilk Ranch Dressing
Our Buttermilk Ranch Dressing will leave you craving this crazy good flavor! Simple to make with deep complex flavors ideal for salads, wings, pizza and any flavor combo you dream up!
- 1 cup (240 ml) buttermilk
- 1/3 cup (80 grams) sour cream
- 1/2 cup (120 grams) mayonnaise, sub Greek yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon (5 grams) fresh dill, or 1/2 teaspoon dried
- 3 Tablespoons (45 grams) fresh chopped chives, or 2 Tablespoons dried
- 2 Tablespoons (30 grams) fresh chopped parsley, or 1 Tablespoon dried
- 1 teaspoon (5 grams) garlic paste
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 grams) pink Himalayan sea salt or Kosher sea salt, finely ground
- freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
In a glass bowl combine the buttermilk, sour cream, mayonnaise, white vinegar, dill, chives, parsley, garlic paste, sea salt, and freshly cracked black pepper.
Stir to combine and pour into an airtight container then refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight for best flavor.
Serve over your favorite salad, wings, pizza or pasta.
- Prep time is approximate.
- Store in a tightly sealed container in the refrigerator up to 3-4 days.
- Using dried herbs will prolong the shelf life up to a week.