Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies that don’t disappoint. Salty and sweet with crispy edges and chewy centers, they’re the perfect bite!
Tips for Perfect Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies Everytime!
- Take milk, eggs, and butter (or shortening) out of the refrigerator 30 to 60 minutes before use. They blend easier when at room temperature.
- Be sure and cream your butter, Crisco, and sugar for 5 minutes steady, this will ensure your Peanut Butter Cookies don’t turn out grainy.
- Using crunchy peanut butter will give great texture and crunch.
- Allow your dough at least 30 minutes to chill in the refrigerator. This gives the butter a chance to firm back up and prevent your cookies from spreading too much when baking.
- Bake cookies until slightly underdone, when pulled from the oven they will continue to bake for a couple of minutes after they’re out of the oven.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat instead of cooking spray so the bottoms don’t brown too much before the cookies are fully baked.
- After baking, cool cookies until they’re room temperature, then store in an airtight bag or container. Storing them when they’re still warm creates steam, which can make them crumbly or too soft.
Easy Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
- 1/2 cup/113.4 grams/1 stick unsalted butter, softed
- 1/2 cup (95 grams) butter-flavored Crisco
- 1 cup (180) brown sugar (dark or light)
- 3/4 cup (150 grams) white sugar
- 1 cup (250 grams) peanut butter (chunky or creamy)
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups (180 grams) all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups (135 grams) old-fashioned oats
In a large bowl or stand mixer, cream the butter, Crisco, and brown sugar for 5 minutes, scraping the sides and bottom.
Add 2 eggs and vanilla. Beat well, scraping sides and bottom.
Mix flour, baking soda, and salt.
On low, add in the dry ingredients and mix until just until the combined.
Add the oats. Stir until incorporated but do not over mix.
Cover the bowl and chill the dough in the fridge for 1-3 hours (or overnight).
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
Scoop the cookies into round balls and place on the prepared baking sheets, leaving 2 inches in between cookies.
Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the cookies are lightly browned around the edges, but still soft in the middle. Be careful not to overbake.
Remove cookies from oven and let cool on the baking sheet for about 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.
- Prep time is approximate.
- Once completely cooled, cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
- To ensure they remain soft add an uncooked flour tortilla on the top and bottom of the cookies.
We hope you love these Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies, as much as we do! If you’re looking for another cookie recipe, you’ll defiantly want to check out our melty Bakery Style Chocolate Chip Cookies!
For more cookie fun try these delicate Almond Pastry Cookies, beyond belief tender pastry with almond filling a sweet drizzle! Bar none one of our family favorites!